Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Corn Dog Muffins

These little guys are so cute.






They also may be the easiest thing ever.  I found them just bumbling along one day at My Kitchen Adventures and knew instantly that they fell under the "man food" category the Wookie loves so I figured I'd cook some up so we could try them, although I did modify them some, which, it turns out, may not have been epic.





First off, I used regular muffins because I was too lazy to scrub things and was out of mini liners.  I used regular hot dogs and that cheap-o cornbread mix.





Make the mix according to the directions, then fill 'em up.  I put in a teen bit of batter just to cover the bottoms of the cups, then the hot dogs, which were cut into thirds, then filled it the rest of the way since I didn't want the weight of the hot dogs to offset everything and make a huge mess.




Once they are done, serve them with mustard.  Or whatever.  I like mustard.  Old clearance Halloween cupcake liners are optional, of course.

And here's what they look like from the inside:





They were a pretty good lunch, they made the Wookie happy, my only drawback is that next time I want to make the cornbread part from scratch so I can omit the sugar.  The mix I used was just a bit too sweet for this.  He didn't complain about the tinge of sweetness, but he didn't jump up and down, either.  I did like the large muffins instead of the mini, though, because the batter on the corn dogs is what gets me hot-n-bothered and this way there's more batter-to-wiener ratio.

I'm going to stop now before I go off into some sort of odd, dirty joke tangent.

Give 'em a shot.  They were super easy and pretty fun to make.  I love the idea of non-sweet cupcakes.  Now my brains are turning for what I can make tonight...Dinner from a cupcake tin, perhaps?  MUAHAHAHA.

<3
WookieWifey

No comments:

Post a Comment