Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Beauty Vox Box! (& Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar Review)



Oh yeah, look who got her box today!

...and its a really exciting one!

...also someone got very happy with the label maker, it looks like.  In other news, I'm crappy at covering addresses in photos and had to assist myself with the editor to hide things.  I'm good like that.


I apologize for the one crappy overall photo.  My camera was blinking at me, screaming that it was out of batteries and I don't have any new ones to put in it at the moment, so this will just have to suffice.

This box contains a Tampax and Always Radiant collection, a 3-ounce bottle each  of Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy shampoo and conditioner, a 2-ounce Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30, which I am very excited to replace my crappy dollar store sunscreen that I use on my face with, a 1-ounce Sally Hansen Nails and Cuticles Hand Creme sample, a Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in Polar Purple with the wavy pattern magnet thingy (excited to try), and a Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread.


Here's a better shot of the Tampax and Always Radiant collection which contained two tampons, a pad, and three pantyliners...Things which never do NOT come in handy.  Such an adorable bag, too!  You will see more on this in a future post, so keep looking for that!  Also, ignore the mess on my stove controllers...I have been doing a lot of cooking projects lately (more posts in the future, yes, hmm), but it would seem I missed that spot when I wiped the stove down.  Oops.


Here's the banana Nut Bread bar...  More on that in a second.


...And here is a shot of the inside of the conditioner sample cap.  And may I just say, a 3-ouncce size is a pretty generous sample.  My hair isn't very long at the current moment, so I should get about 5 or 6 uses out of these, which should be plenty to review it on.  It is hard to tell in the picture, but that is not glare you see.  The shampoo and conditioner both are actually a light purple color.  I'm hoping this will make them just stellar for my bleach-blonde hair!  This stuff smells like heaven.  The whole box smelled of it and as soon as I opened it, I went pawing through it for the source of the scent!  Can.  Not.  Wait.  To try this.


Since my boxes always seem to arrive just when I roll out of bed, I decided to eat the snack straight away again!  This time with some coffee.  I am impressed.  This thing is decidedly tasty!  It does taste like a banana nut muffin, but I noticed it had almonds on top, which is good, I love almonds, and also it had a bit of a crisp texture to it from what tasted like puffed rice pieces in there.  Quite good, an I will be keeping a watch on these for sales at the store as they would be great to keep around for days when I'm too lazy to cook breakfast.  Like today.  These go for about $3.29 a pack, which I'd say is definitely worth it!

Stay tuned for more and for reviews on the products!

<3
WW

***All items provided by Influenster (whom I have fallen madly, deeply, hopelessly in love with), and the companies that manufactured them for review!  Opinions are mine!  ALL MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment