Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Neutrogena Hand Cream Review

*I received this item free from BzzAgent, but opinions are strictly honest and my own.

When I first opened this up when it arrived in the mail, I was dubious.  It had no smell, looked like Neosporin, and left an odd, waxy-feeling coating over my hands when I first used it as I used too much.  However, I was proven so, so wrong.


When used in tiny amounts, this does help on your hands and cuticles, and it does moisturize very well especially after doing dishes, sure, but that isn't what impressed me.


What impressed me was what it did for my feet.  My feet were very dry and rough on the bottoms despite the fact that I slather them in lotion daily and use a pumice stone religiously in the bath - mainly because I adore running around barefoot inside.  They were also dry and patch on the outsides of my ankles as I sit cross-legged on the floor a lot and lotion didn't seem to fix this at all unless I put it on 3-4 times a day and made it a point not to sit on the floor for a week.  I put this stuff on, put on socks, went to sleep, and when I woke up the next morning to check the results, my reaction was...how to put it without being too dramatic?...CALL THE VATICAN!  Seriously, this stuff is a miracle.  My feet have never been this smooth to my knowledge.  I'll definitely be keeping this on hand because I just still can't get over how soft my feet are.  Even the Wookie noticed the difference.

I can also see this being good for people who spend a lot of time in the winter wind.  As I mentioned before, when you use it liberally it leaves a waxy coat which would be great for any exposed skin if you were, say, hiking in the cold in high winds.

Verdict:  This stuff rocks.  If you have dry feet, go get some.  Nothing has ever worked on my feet like this, including things specifically labelled to do so.

<3
Wookie Wifey

4 comments:

  1. I use my hands a lot, so I use this lotion on them quite a bit. Never thought to use it on my feet! Definitely giving that a go now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought to put it on my feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were so dry I figured it certainly couldn't hurt!

      Delete