Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Easy Brush Storage

I've forever fought with makeup brush storage.  I hate the look of the brushes just tossed in a cup either alone or with rice/marbles in the bottom.  They always seem to fall and slide damaging the bristles, etc.  The cases I've found to be damaging to the bristles also, as well as a pain to get to the brushes you need quickly and easily.  I'd come up with a few ideas for storage that I thought may work, and after a few DIY fails, I realized I already had what I needed.  Don't ya love how that works?  :)



I previously had my brushes just plunked in a tea cup for lack of anything better at the time.  I'd tried something larger with the marbles in the bottom and hated it as it never seemed to hold things where I wanted them.  Rice didn't work out well, either, as I store my makeup and brushes in the bathroom and there's, you know, the whole 'humidity' thing.


As you can see, my brushes were already beginning to show some not-so-great signs from having knocked against each other so much.

Solution?



A vintage stamp holder I had sitting with my craft stash that I didn't have plans for yet.  I just loved this thing the second I saw it, but it had sat on the shelf for the better part of a year as I wanted the *perfect* use for it where it could be both useful and on display.


Its perfect!  It holds all my brushes and tools, and my most-used liners, gloss, and mascaras.  The larger face brushes just clipped right in the...stamp holders?...stamp clamps?  And many of the smaller things just slid into the little triangles right behind them tightly enough to hold them there.


The test tubes were from either candies or Halloween sprinkle containers I'd saved because I thought "These are cute.  I'll use these someday, I'm sure," and it paid off.  I just clipped them into the little stamp-holders, put a few marbles in the bottom to raise the shorter brushes up, and there we go!  I adore this and it is so much more aesthetically pleasing than a jar o' rice, in my opinion!  >.<

<3
Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment