Tales of a Wookie Wife: Fueled by caffeine and good intentions. Feed hairy man. Clean house. Be fabulous. Repeat. You can learn more about me here.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Chops

I've been making a lot of crock pot recipes lately.  It doesn't heat the house up nearly as much as running burners on the stove, so it has been great.  This is one of those where you can just walk away until dinner which is nice.


Start off with squash, garlic, and chopped onion.  I used 2 medium squash that were fresh from my sister-in-law's garden and delicious, half an onion, and a heaping tablespoon of garlic.


Next, dump in a can of collard greens and sort of spread them over the top.  Don't drain them.


Add about 1/2 a bag of baby carrots...


And layer on some pats of butter...Oh yeah.


Next, add some kale.  There's about 2 handfuls dumped in there, and I just tore it with my hands instead of chopping because I find it easier to skirt the big veiny parts on kale that way.


Add a heaping teaspoon of spicy mustard...


...then drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top, then pour in about 1/3 cup of water.


Now, layer your pork chops on, sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and a bit of meat tenderizer if desired, then drizzle a bit of Siriacha sauce over them.



 Put the lid on, set the heat to low, and go away!  No touchy for at least 4 hours!  After that, check to see if the pork chops are done and if they are, then you are good to go!


This is as good as it gets as I completely forgot to take a picture once it was plated up!  It was super delicious and healthy, though.  The vegetable tasted just amazing.  I could live off of greens, I think.

NOM!

<3
WookieWifey

2 comments:

  1. that looks soooo good! I need to start using my crock pots more. I have two and I only use one to make yogurt of all things =P

    ReplyDelete